Start: Oban, Scotland, 14.00 h, Saturday May 7th, 2022
End: Troon, Scotland, 10.00 h, Saturday May 14th, 2022
Price: € 1,199 p.p.
Price is based on the division of 2 persons into a double cabin.
The travel sum is inclusive...
- 7 overnight stays on board in a double cabin with private shower;
- all meals during the trip (breakfast, lunch and dinner);
- Non-alcoholic drinks with meals (coffee, tea, milk and water);
- 1 whiskytasting on board, accompanied by whiskey expert Wouter Wapenaar
- all other non-alcoholic and alcoholic drinks (beer, wine and whisky);
- entry tickets for visits to the various distilleries;
- Extra excursions ashore. The costs for the different excursions are estimated at approx. € 100, - per person in total. (Subject to change, program is due to changes determined by the whisky expert and the guests. Participation is not mandatory).
The sailing voyage begins and ends in Scotland. You are responsible for arranging your own travel to Scotland. This is NOT included in the price
Saturday 7th May 14.00 hrs participants will report to Oban on board of Tallship Thalassa where they will be welcomed by the captain and his crew. The whisky epert Wouter Wapenaar will also introduce himself to the passengers. At about 16.00 hrs the ship will set course for Tobermory where they will arrive around 20.00 hrs. The ship will spend the night in Tobermory.
Sunday May 8th 10.00 hrs Tobermory distillery will be visited. Afterwards also Ardnamurchan distillery can be visited. Around 16.00 hrs the ship leaves for Jura where the night will be spent.
Monday 9th May 10.00 am visit Jura distillery. Around noon the sails will be hoisted and the ship will sail in the direction of Islay after which it will arrive in Port Ellen at around 5pm. The evening and night the ship will stay in the port of Port Ellen.
Tuesday May 10th 10.00 am Visit distilleries by participants (to be determined by mutual agreement: Bowmore. Laga filling, Ardbeg, Laphroaig etc. Also this night the ship will stay in the port of Port Ellen.
Wednesday the 11th of May 09.00 hrs. We leave for Bally Castle where we will arrive around 13.00 hrs. Bushmills and/or Giant Causeway visits are possible, this time we will spend the night in Ballycastle.
Thursday 12th May Early in the morning: departure to Campbeltown, arrival around 14.00 hrs. Here you can visit the Springbank and Glenscotia Distilleries. You will spend the night in the harbour of Campbeltown.
Friday the 13th of May 10.00 am the ship will set sail for Arran. At 13.00h the famous distillery of Arran is visited and at 15.00h the ship sails on to Troon. It is expected that the ship and her guests will arrive in Troon at about 20.00 hrs.
Saturday, May 14th From 07.00 - 09.00 hrs disembarkation of the participants. The crew members say goodbye to their guests. Hope to see you again soon on board of Tallship Thalassa,go dte tú slán!
NB for all parts of this journey applies: wind and weather serving